Congratulations to Jeff Bellitti – September Member of the Month here at CrossFit Relentless! He is a loyal member of the noon class!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
I have two wonderful boys that take up nearly all my time. By next year, I’d like to dabble in weightlifting and teach myself how to be a better cook.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
I am as ticklish as a four-year-old girl.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
I’ve been at CFR for four years.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
I was nervous. I came from another box and didn’t know what the culture of this box would be like. If I remember correctly, the first workout involved thrusters.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
When I broke 400 lbs. on my deadlift. Before breaking 400 lbs., my previous PR was around 350 lbs. When attempting to shoot past 350 lbs., Vivian Dawson encouraged me to add 50 lbs.—instead of the usual 5 or 10 lbs. jumps, and it paid off!
(6) Design your perfect workout?
The flight simulator WOD!
(Editor’s note – Flight Simulator:
Each set must be unbroken. You must break after each complete set)
7) What is your least favorite movement?
Toes to Bar. When I do them, it looks like I’m having some sort of involuntary spasm.
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Avoid needless stress and bullshit.
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
Yes. After doing this several years, I have come to realize that you make a lot of progress outside the box, so I try to watch my sleep, diet, and aim to do mobility work daily.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Join! I travel to other boxes regularly, and I can say, without reservation, that what we have at Relentless is special. The coaches here know their stuff and the friends you’ll make here make it fun and keep you motivated.