Congratulations to Marcus Andersen on being CFR’s June Member of the Month. He is a loyal member of the 6pm class Monday-Thursday and then 6am on Friday! The relatively new member is not new to athletics. A lifetime hockey and football player squatted 495 in high school! He just completed his first Olympic weightlifting cycle where he had impressive gains! Congrats Marcus, keep up the good work!
1) What are your hobbies/interest/talents outside of CrossFit?
I enjoy golfing and mountain biking along with pretty much anything that involves being outdoors.
2) Share with us one thing that most people do NOT know about you?
My dog was compensation for working at a shelter since they couldn’t pay me because I was too young.
3) How long have you been with us at CFR?
I’ve been with CFR since the April on-ramp.
4) Take us back to your first week here. How did you feel? Remember the workout?
It was, For Time: 500m Row, 40 Air Squats, 30 Abmat Sit-ups, 20 Push-ups, 10 Strict pull-ups. I remember being tired and beat, since before CrossFit I never had done a workout that had been timed. After that I was hooked and enjoyed all the classes and learning the movements… until Erik had us do Fran and I questioned what I had just signed up for.
5) What moment/achievement are you most proud of at CFR?
There are two. First, PR’ing my snatch to finish the Olympic Weightlifting Cycle. I hated snatching and was terrible at it when I started so it felt really good to see the hard work I put in during the cycle pay off. Second, was finally kicking up on the wall for HSPU. I had told Shannon for two weeks I would do it but would get too nervous and never commit to the kick-up. It felt good to finally get on the wall and get over the fear of falling down or off the wall.
6) Design your perfect workout?
It would be a chipper of some sort with a Row/Ski Buy-In followed by Cleans, KB overhead squats, Wall ball shots, and a Cash-Out on the assault bike
7) What is your least favorite movement?
It is a tie between the German Clean and German Snatch.
I. Hate. Stopping. Five. Times.
8) Summarize your lifestyle in 5 words or less.
Enjoy the little things
9) Have you experienced any changes in your lifestyle now that you have been a CrossFit athlete?
I have become more conscious about what I am eating and drinking throughout the day so I am not groggy or tired when I come to class after work. I’ve also started paying attention to how my body feels after workouts and actually stretching/rolling out after a class which I never did before.
10) What advice do you have for anyone who is thinking about joining or who has recently joined?
Find a class you enjoy and make a commitment to go to it. It feels good hitting a PR with people you work out with daily.